Although traveling is such an important remedy, it can be sometimes difficult to pull away from reality. When finances, time and overall personal life does not align as perfectly as it should, a dream vacation is usually nothing but a faint dream. However,what if you could get away from reality, all while being in close vicinity of your home? Luckily enough, there are several ways than an individual can embrace the perks of traveling while being a tourist in there home town.
To say that we know everything about our home town may be a little bit of a stretch. Whether small or large, every town is filled with history, artifacts and hidden gems. So next time you’re in post-travel depression, not to fear! Here are five ways to be a tourist in your home town:
- Visit Local Attractions: Whether it may be a welcoming center, museum, historical landmark or park, visiting these attractions will definitely place you in the tourist mindset. Do your research and make a list of all the places you’d like to explore. Don’t forget your camera! A selfie for your Instagram will be the perfect way to get into travel mode.
- Have A Date With your City: Seriously. Take an evening to grab some dinner and a movie! Try a restaurant you’ve never been to and try a different cuisine. It might surprise you. Also, taking an evening stroll through your town might be a fresh perspective on an area you’re used to.
- Get A Room: As someone who loves hotels, reserving a room is a great way to get away from the daily routine. Take advantage of the ammentities that the hotel has to offer! A great idea also is to ask the desk clerk about things to do in the area. You might learn something about your town you never knew!
- Attend an Local Sports Event: Whether it may be a Major League baseball game or high school football game, this is a fun activity for all ages. Grab some peanuts and cracker jacks and enjoy the little pleasures your town has to offer!
- Do Something Outdoors: Before moving to New Jersey, I had no idea about the fun outdoor attractions they had to offer! This could be anything from amusement parks, hiking on a local trail or taking a stroll around the park or waterfront. Each town is unique, so finding something fun to do outdoors could be a different experience for everyone. Take advantage of all your town has to offer!
So go out and explore your turf! More than likely, you’ll learn something you’ve never known before.
Until our next excursion…xo